School and Family C.I.C. is a Community Interest Company, non-for-profit, family held organisation.
The founder, Elwira Pniewski, ended her sixteen year involvement in the building industry as an architect and a construction project manager to follow the vocation of providing effective true education that "aims at the formation of the human person in the pursuit of his ultimate end and of the good of the societies of which, as man, he is a member, and in whose obligations, as an adult, he will share" (Gravissimum Educationis 1).
Elwira Pniewski's education and catechetical experience include:
- General Teaching Council for England: Qualified Teacher Status (RE and SEN);
- Master’s degree in Pedagogy, University of Cardinal Stefan Wyszyński, Warsaw, Poland;
- Bachelor degree in Theology, Papal Institute of Theology (Papieski Wydział Teologiczny), Warsaw, Poland;
- Catechesis of the Good Shepherd courses and trainings concerning education and pastoral care of children ages 3-12, Minneapolis, Minnesota, USA;
- "Young Children and Worship" workshop (Godly Play) with Sonia Steward at the Reformed Church, St. Thomas, US Virgin Islands, USA;
- Research in the fields of Liturgy and the Arts, Liturgy of the Eucharist, The Bible and the Liturgy;
- Research in the field of Art History with a focus on Visualisation of the Biblical Images, Counter-Reformation Art, and particular attention to the Seventeenth Century Rome;
- Participation in VII, VIII and IX World Meeting of Families conferences: 2012 Milan, Italy; 2015 Philadelphia, USA; 2018 Dublin, Irland.
- Participation in National Catholic Education Association 1997 Conference, Minneapolis, Minnesota USA;
- Participation in Catechesis of the Good Shepherd Conference "The Word, The Eucharist, The Child", Assisi, Italy;
- Co-ordination of Family Catechesis Programme for over 1200 families at St Ignatius Catholic Church, London;
- Preparing to and organising Pilgrimages to Rome, Italy;
- Recruitment and training over 150 volunteering catechists at St Ignatius Catholic Church, London;
- Organising a Family Pilgrimage to Holy Land;
- Preparation of the candidates to the Sacrament of Confirmation at St. Thomas of Canterbury Catholic Church in Woodford Green, London, United Kingdom;
- Several years of teaching Religious Studies in Catholic schools in London, UK and in Poland;
- Over ten years of teaching students with Special Educational Needs;
- Leading Family Ministry Programmes during academic pilgrimages to Czestochowa, Poland;
- Writing and organising programmes for spiritual formation of scouting instructors in Poland;
- Directing Religious Education Programme in Holy Family Catholic Church in St. Thomas, US Virgin Islands, USA.
School and Family, C.I.C.
Registered office address
(for official use only):
20-22 Wenlock Road
London, N1 7GU